FREE DELIVERY over 29€
A selection of energy products for your marathon
- Energy reload before the race, breakfast and food provisions
- Includes one 8-gel belt / race bib carrier
Shipped on Monday 10 August 2020
Delivery in 3-5 working days
Made in France
Preparing for a marathon requires regular training along with a suitable diet.
The OVERSTIM.s Marathon Pack will prepare you on the days running up to the competition, and help you to be at the top of your game during the race.
BEFORE THE MARATHON
- Increase your energy reserves with Antioxidant Malto.
On the 3 days before the marathon, stock up on muscle glycogen, by drinking 150 g of Antioxidant Malto every day, dissolved in 1.5 L of water.
- Make sure you’re at your best possible form at the start of the race by taking an easy-to-digest, energy-packed breakfast, with Gatosport.
Take 1/3 to 1/2 a Gatosport up to 1h30 before the start.
- Stabilise your glycaemia level while waiting for the start and prevent reactive hypoglycaemia brought on by stress with the Warm-up drink.
DURING THE MARATHON
- Each time you eat, take an OVERSTIM.s energy gel to give you regular energy and effectively support your muscle activity during the marathon. Drink 1 to 2 mouthfuls of OVERSTIM.s sports drink or water after taking the gel.
- OVERSTIM.s energy gels provide concentrated energy, vitamins and minerals (magnesium, calcium, sodium…) all of which are required during a sporting activity, in a very small volume.
- The liquid texture of the OVERSTIM.s energy gels makes them particularly pleasant to take during even intense activity, when it is sometimes difficult to consume food.
Why take 8 gels during a marathon?
During a prolonged sporting activity, the body's ability to absorb carbohydrates is estimated to be 60g to 90g per hour. The OVERSTIM.s energy gels contain about 20g of carbohydrates and are tailored to the optimal quantity a marathon runner can absorb during a competition. Taking OVERSTIM.s energy gels each time you eat (every 5 km) will help keep blood glucose levels stable throughout your marathon.
* Jeukendrup, A. (2014). A step towards personalized sports nutrition: carbohydrate intake during exercise. Sports Medicine, 44(1), 25-33.
AFTER THE MARATHON
- Within 30 minutes following your marathon, take a chocolate protein bar to optimise recovery.
YOUR BONUS ACCESSORY
The 8-gel belt / race bib carrier features four spots on each side to carry up to 8 OVERSTIM.s energy gels. The belt is lightweight (95 g) and can be adjusted to fit from S to XL (with Velcro), and features a hook system to attach the race bib as well as a reflective strip for nighttime visibility.
Contents of the marathon pack: 1 box of Antioxidant Malto 500g: €14.20, 1 box of Gatosport 400g: €9.95, 1 bottle of warm-up drink 50cl: €3.10, 2 tubes of Antioxidant gel: 2 x €2.20, 4 tubes of Energix: 4 x €2.10, 1 tube of Coup de Fouet: €2.60, 1 tube of Red tonic: €3.05, 1 Protein bar: €2.20, 1 8-gel belt/race bib carrier: €15.90
- Increase your energy reserves over the course of the 3 days prior to the marathon: Drink 150g of Antioxidant Malto every day, dissolved in 1.5 L of water.
- Breakfast (or the last meal before the race): 1/3 a Gatosport which can be eaten alone, or with water, tea or coffee.
- Stabilise your glycaemia level: regularly drink, in small amounts, 1 x 50cl bottle of Warm-up drink dissolved in some water during the hour before the start.
- Km 5: 1 tube of Antioxidant Gel + 5 to 10 cl of water.
- Km 10: 1 tube of Energix + 5 to 10 cl of water.
- Km 15: 1 tube of Energix + 5 to 10 cl of water.
- Km 20: 1 tube of Antioxidant Gel + 5 to 10 cl of water.
- Km 25: 1 tube of Energix + 5 to 10 cl of water.
- Km 30: 1 tube of Energix + 5 to 10 cl of water.
- Km 35: 1 tube of Coup de Fouet + 5 to 10 cl of water.
- Km 40: 1 tube of Red Tonic + 5 to 10 cl of water.
- As soon as possible, after the sporting activity: take a protein bar.